NONE of you have ANY experience at - Page 2 - Arms Locker
Arms Locker Gun Forum
Go Back   Arms Locker > Arms Locker > Gun Talk


Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2004
From: Central Arkansas

Posts: 5,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by boati View Post
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseeye. i told you alll that over 15 years ago.
So use bullseye; no problem. I'm asking your thoughts on the simple approach to the bullet itself.
 
Remove Ads
Old 11-20-2020, 03:41 AM   #22
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Northern NJ

Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorobuta View Post
Iím sorry but nobody can actually own a chronograph, just like nobody can shoot at a range at 1,000 yards. And nobody can take game at long range, except maybe that 12 year old.

So far Boati is batting zero...
Melvin has been batting zero for decades.
Dorobuta likes this.
 
Old 11-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #23
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by boati View Post
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseeye. i told you alll that over 15 years ago.
weren't you the oe posting about how the cap and ball revolver was going to be a thing, now that wifey is getting an FFL?

that is the very definition of old and heavy. Can you make up your mind?

oh well, got to go and head down south for my last round of scouting shortly.
 
 
Old 11-20-2020, 08:59 AM   #24
Registered User
 Garand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
From: Canadian Badlands

Posts: 9,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by boati View Post
I already dealt with that. It's irrelevant cause nobody's going to carry huge, heavy old revolvers and you wont get the slide to cycle with anything but bullseeye. i told you alll that over 15 years ago.
Melvin if your SHTF fantasy actually ever happens, I'm sure that you will find that everybody carries a pistol or revolver if they have one available with ammunition. Until then pay attention to these shows filmed in Alaska from National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Smithsonian Channel and see how many of the people participating carry either a pistol or a revolver.

I'm still waiting for you to prove to me that all your extra effort in building a cartridge that may or may not work, that may or may not shorten the length of serviceability/damage/destroy the firearm is worth it. If you damage or destroy a firearm under a shtf scenario, you can't just run down to the local hardware store or crack dealer and replace it. Melvin think out side of the box.
 
Old 11-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #25
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Northern NJ

Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorobuta View Post
weren't you the oe posting about how the cap and ball revolver was going to be a thing, now that wifey is getting an FFL?

that is the very definition of old and heavy. Can you make up your mind?

oh well, got to go and head down south for my last round of scouting shortly.
If I recall Correctly, it's been a number of years now, and I believe that one was in his last Short Hiatus between being a Ward of the Federal Govt, He wanted someone to Convert a Modern, DA Pistol to BP....and just refused to understand that it would STILL be a firearm, because It started out as one.
 
Old 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: USA

Posts: 1,089
the **** it would be. The conversion would just be the one used to make the first mold-maker. Then it would be destroyed. The subsequent ones would not have the spilt frame and can not be modified to take a cartridge. So you're fos. Anyone who 'thinks' that they've thought more deeply than I about any gun or survival subject, you're dreaming cause i've got thousands of hours of thought about all of the ones I care about.
 
Old 11-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #27
Registered User
 Terry G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 5,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by boati View Post
the **** it would be. The conversion would just be the one used to make the first mold-maker. Then it would be destroyed. The subsequent ones would not have the spilt frame and can not be modified to take a cartridge. So you're fos. Anyone who 'thinks' that they've thought more deeply than I about any gun or survival subject, you're dreaming cause i've got thousands of hours of thought about all of the ones I care about.
This was years ago, where is it? No where, like all your schemes.
 
Old 11-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #28
Registered User
 Garand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
From: Canadian Badlands

Posts: 9,076
Melvin, regarding experience, a boy scout with all his merit badges has more experience than you do!
 
Reply

  Arms Locker > Arms Locker > Gun Talk


Thread Tools
Display Modes






Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Arms Locker. All rights reserved.