some sales guy filled her head with bs - Arms Locker
Arms Locker Gun Forum
Go Back   Arms Locker > Arms Locker > Gun Talk


Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2017
From: USA

Posts: 679
some sales guy filled her head with bs

about 308 AR's, and spld XD 9mm's. She's gonna enlist for N guard ROTC next fall. She'll get 15k a year, counting her Pell grant, actual cash in hand The NG pays her tuition, fees and books, plus the little 2 days a month active duty and 2 weeks a year thing, so the 6k per year Pell grant is cash in hand for her at that point. She'll get a 20k sign on bonus, half of it after AIT and the second half after 3 years of service. She'll graduate as a Second Lt, and owe them 2 more years after college. Given the local MOS, it's a 50% chance that she'll have to go to the sandbox for 6 months. Google says that a NG 2nd lt makes 3k a month, but surely that means active duty. I can't believe that they pay that for 36 days of service per year. So dunno what she'll get paid for the usal layabout type NG service. She wants to be an RN for the VA. It's not a bad bennie program, actually.
 
Remove Ads
Old 11-29-2019, 04:10 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 384
What was the BS about .308 ARs?
 
Old 11-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Registered User
 Terry G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by boati View Post
about 308 AR's, and spld XD 9mm's. She's gonna enlist for N guard ROTC next fall. She'll get 15k a year, counting her Pell grant, actual cash in hand The NG pays her tuition, fees and books, plus the little 2 days a month active duty and 2 weeks a year thing, so the 6k per year Pell grant is cash in hand for her at that point. She'll get a 20k sign on bonus, half of it after AIT and the second half after 3 years of service. She'll graduate as a Second Lt, and owe them 2 more years after college. Given the local MOS, it's a 50% chance that she'll have to go to the sandbox for 6 months. Google says that a NG 2nd lt makes 3k a month, but surely that means active duty. I can't believe that they pay that for 36 days of service per year. So dunno what she'll get paid for the usal layabout type NG service. She wants to be an RN for the VA. It's not a bad bennie program, actually.
Strange. According to you "Wifey" was going to be a CNRA by now. Of course the time frame was impossible as in the real world it would take three times as long at least. Now you say she's going to attend college in the future and "want's to be an RN for the VA". Do you even remember your previous lies? This National Guard stuff is another fantasy. "wifey is what, forty something? They don't commission 40 year old's naturalized citizen's in the National Guard. I was in it for four years and I know how it works. You don't.
BigEd likes this.
 
 
Old 11-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: North

Posts: 1,600
Terry, you don't have the crazy dreams (nightmares) Mel has, those get rich schemes (scams) have been going on since the 70s. The college loan king! Welfare prince! Make a million dollars ten different ways without working. The mind was a terrible thing to waste.
Terry G and BigEd like this.
 
Old 11-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
Registered User
 Garand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
From: Canadian Badlands

Posts: 8,815
My question, why has wifey put up with him for so long?
 
Old 11-29-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
Registered User
 Terry G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 4,953
His memory must be shot. Each new scheme negates the previous fantasy. "Wifey" apparently does not age and is utterly devoted to Melvin. Can you imagine Basic Training in your forties? I wonder if she's even around any more.
BigEd likes this.
 
Old 11-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: North

Posts: 1,600
Ever was?
Terry G likes this.
 
Old 11-30-2019, 07:24 AM   #8
Registered User
 Garand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
From: Canadian Badlands

Posts: 8,815
How long does an immigrant have to stay married to a US citizen before she can divorce him without fear of being deported?
 
Old 11-30-2019, 01:23 PM   #9
Registered User
 Terry G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand View Post
How long does an immigrant have to stay married to a US citizen before she can divorce him without fear of being deported?
Roughly two years. If she were to divorce him after two years it would require her to apply for permanent residency, not hard to do. If she were to show cause, not difficult after the two years. But how could she have cause? Inconceivable!
BigEd likes this.
 
Old 12-13-2019, 03:27 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Northern NJ

Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
Strange. According to you "Wifey" was going to be a CNRA by now. Of course the time frame was impossible as in the real world it would take three times as long at least. Now you say she's going to attend college in the future and "want's to be an RN for the VA". Do you even remember your previous lies? This National Guard stuff is another fantasy. "wifey is what, forty something? They don't commission 40 year old's naturalized citizen's in the National Guard. I was in it for four years and I know how it works. You don't.
I thought they's allow Enlistees in the guard up to age 41 or 42?
 
Old 12-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #11
Registered User
 Terry G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004

Posts: 4,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpdpipes View Post
I thought they's allow Enlistees in the guard up to age 41 or 42?
They probably do, but a Commission? We're discussing another Gun Kid fantasy remember. The same Gun Kid, ,223, boati, etc., etc., that was going to be making $180,000.00 a year (Wifey as a CRNA). Logic and accuracy ares not part of his thought process. Enlistment in the National Guard means about six moths active duty with Basic Training and MOS Training. How does full time college and Nursing school fit in to this? Somewhere over the rainbow.......
BigBassMan likes this.
 
Old 12-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 384
I’m still wondering about the 308 AR bs and what that was...
 
Old 12-22-2019, 07:31 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: North

Posts: 1,600
according to Mel, 308 will bounce off everything it hits, only a 10in AR with a PVC an screen wire can will kill anything past 300 yds. When you get a spare week or two, just read back a few years. Laugh a minute reading. You will spot all the different names he used over the years. Lot of times same person talking to himself with different names. Even goes so far as to fight with himself.
Garand and BigEd like this.
 
Old 12-24-2019, 05:34 AM   #14
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassMan View Post
according to Mel, 308 will bounce off everything it hits, only a 10in AR with a PVC an screen wire can will kill anything past 300 yds. When you get a spare week or two, just read back a few years. Laugh a minute reading. You will spot all the different names he used over the years. Lot of times same person talking to himself with different names. Even goes so far as to fight with himself.
Lol, I hope you’re joking about the .308

Ok, this is the second time someone has said to read through the old posts....will do so!
 
Old 12-24-2019, 08:03 AM   #15
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: North

Posts: 1,600
The assault wheelbarrow makes for many good laughs. Just don't be drinking coffee or anything while reading, it will get spilled!
Garand and Kpdpipes like this.
 
Old 12-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 384
I went to the end of the survival forum, and started reading backwards. So he is the same guy as Andy?
BigEd likes this.
 
Old 12-26-2019, 02:15 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: North

Posts: 1,600
Yep an you will see his other names. Then there will be gaps for a few years while he is locked up. Also gaps where he got banned an had to spend a week or so thinking up a new name.
Read all the forums, not just one!
 
Old 12-27-2019, 03:20 AM   #18
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Northern NJ

Posts: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
They probably do, but a Commission? We're discussing another Gun Kid fantasy remember. The same Gun Kid, ,223, boati, etc., etc., that was going to be making $180,000.00 a year (Wifey as a CRNA). Logic and accuracy ares not part of his thought process. Enlistment in the National Guard means about six moths active duty with Basic Training and MOS Training. How does full time college and Nursing school fit in to this? Somewhere over the rainbow.......
probably right, I forget the cutoff for Commissions although it might be a it higher for Medical Corps...if the individual has a necessary Skill that's in demand.
BigEd likes this.
 
Old 12-27-2019, 07:00 AM   #19
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2003
From: nashua nh

Posts: 2,670
FWIW, I do hope that JMD/Andy/Gunkid etc et al has a better 2020.
Yeah, he's more than a little tightly wrapped. Yeah,he has burnt several bridges-some that he was standing on... felon, federal Inmate status... among other things.
That said, I have never made any secret of my sincere belief that a massively overreaching part of the US Code (18 ,922 among others)needs to go. Along with the enforcement arms that derive their authority from said (unconstitutional and intrusive) federal law(not giving the states a pass either).
He's not a particularly easy sort to like. Hell, he's his own worst enemy a great deal of the time.
But hey,if that Longshot Reset ever happened, I would not complain if JMD no longer had to (possibly)be exercising his rights on The Down Low...of course, I would probably have a very decisive response to him doing something I felt to be objectionable,but that isn't the point:
As much fun as it is to poke him and wind him up, I am not bummed out if someone I would not would not necessarily get along with found a restart.
BigEd likes this.
 
Old 12-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2019

Posts: 384
He seems to have mellowed out compared to the earlier posts. I don’t have an axe to grind with Him, and likewise hope he, and everyone else, has a great 2020
gripper and BigEd like this.
 
Reply

  Arms Locker > Arms Locker > Gun Talk



Search tags for this page

testing

,
testing9297338
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes






Powered by vBulletin 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Arms Locker. All rights reserved.